Help Kricket get her Art seen and more Art made by making a Donation!
Click on this button to make a Donation: The large majority of the Art (creatures, puppets, and installations) that I make are made on my own dollar, and the expression of "starving artist" is not so far fetched unfortunately.I do sell some Art to earn money to make more creations, and I do get occassional commissioned projects, but most of my Art is done at my own personal expense.
Various times throughout the year I provide FREE (or donation based) entertainment at community events and street fairs; bringing smiles, playtime, imagination, and inspiration to the masses of all ages, but it costs me money in order to do them, and often donations are no where near the cost of my expenses to be at the event.
Some of my more common Art expenses include:
- Materials: Sourcing/Acquiring of new and reclaimed materials.
- Time: Much of the larger Art I make can take hundreds of hours to create, some of the events require multiple hours of commitment, as well as performance time, and coordination/promotion/rehearsals ahead of time.
- Transportation expenses: Fuel, milage, and vehicle rental fees. Just renting a Uhaul to transport the Elephant costs minimum of $60 for 4 hours rental and a few miles, does not include fuel costs.
- Event Tickets: Many events that I would like to take my Art to require me to purchase a ticket for the event despite performing or installing art, event tickets range from $25 to $400 for certain events.
- Insurance: Performance insurance is $220 annually.
- Medical treatment: Sometimes it's really hard being a 6'5" long caterpillar...occasionally someone decides to suddenly jump on you and you need to go see a doctor, that can cost $50+ per visit depending on the therapy/treatment needed.
- Helpers: In order to ensure my body and my art stay safe while interacting with the public also require me to have safety/navigation guides. It would be nice to be able to offer them a small stipend or incentive for their help instead of asking for free labor since they are very integral to the success and safety at each event and they are also committing time to help out.
Anything you can offer is greatly appreciated, thank you very much for your support and encouragement.